We have this love-hate relationship.
Love, when I can do it. Hate, when I can't.
I can't seem do it now, but I don't hate it. No, hate is far from it. It's much too light a description-this word 'hate'. I can't even describe it. It's beyond words can say. Okay, let me try anyway.
Imagine spending a solid one and a half hours on one question and still not getting the answer. Oh and before that, spending another hour on the previous question and then suddenly realising that you have complicated things way too far and the answer had already popped out in the middle of your working. And so, in this question where you already spent one and a half hours, you think that maybe-just maybe, you have complicated things again. So, you look through your workings, hoping hard to find the answer somewhere in the middle. You check, double check, triple check, and still ntg new pops out. So, you decide to erase everything and do it again, and again, and again. Even the table has all your rubbings scattered everywhere. But alas! Your new workings always turn out to be the same as the one before. After one and a half hours.
Yeah, after you have done that, you'll understand perfectly how I feel now.
_________
Putting that aside, I managed to practice some piano today. Well, not real practice..even though I spent about an hour. I couldn't practice properly. My fingers were..what do you call it..?? Too excited? Anxious to get moving? Oh, I don't know. I felt like I was rushing all the way, and that got me quite upset. Ah well...American Idol would be good medicine for me later. =p I heard Adam Lambert was fantastic, and Kris Allen wasn't. No! =(
Oh and there's ONE piece I can never get it right. Really, I don't think I will ever be able to play it well. Even after 10 years. =O It's like, some pieces are just not meant for you, you know? And i've been realllyyy hoping my teacher would just let me drop that piece and learn another one instead because it's been 3 months and i'm still at the first 2 pages. It's not done on purpose okay! I try to learn it up, but just can't get it! Told you, it's not meant to be.. =(
Oh Johann Ambrosius Bach and Maria Elisabetha Lämmerhirt!
Why, oh why did you give birth to Johann Sebastian Bach?!
Did you not know he will be the cause of many peoples' pain,
And suffering, and...death, maybe?
Is not seven(living) children enough?
Did you really need the eigth??
Oh why, oh why!
Such pain, such sorrow, in the choice you made!
And letting them learn music, another mistake!
Oh! Oh!
Love, when I can do it. Hate, when I can't.
I can't seem do it now, but I don't hate it. No, hate is far from it. It's much too light a description-this word 'hate'. I can't even describe it. It's beyond words can say. Okay, let me try anyway.
Imagine spending a solid one and a half hours on one question and still not getting the answer. Oh and before that, spending another hour on the previous question and then suddenly realising that you have complicated things way too far and the answer had already popped out in the middle of your working. And so, in this question where you already spent one and a half hours, you think that maybe-just maybe, you have complicated things again. So, you look through your workings, hoping hard to find the answer somewhere in the middle. You check, double check, triple check, and still ntg new pops out. So, you decide to erase everything and do it again, and again, and again. Even the table has all your rubbings scattered everywhere. But alas! Your new workings always turn out to be the same as the one before. After one and a half hours.
Yeah, after you have done that, you'll understand perfectly how I feel now.
_________
Putting that aside, I managed to practice some piano today. Well, not real practice..even though I spent about an hour. I couldn't practice properly. My fingers were..what do you call it..?? Too excited? Anxious to get moving? Oh, I don't know. I felt like I was rushing all the way, and that got me quite upset. Ah well...American Idol would be good medicine for me later. =p I heard Adam Lambert was fantastic, and Kris Allen wasn't. No! =(
Oh and there's ONE piece I can never get it right. Really, I don't think I will ever be able to play it well. Even after 10 years. =O It's like, some pieces are just not meant for you, you know? And i've been realllyyy hoping my teacher would just let me drop that piece and learn another one instead because it's been 3 months and i'm still at the first 2 pages. It's not done on purpose okay! I try to learn it up, but just can't get it! Told you, it's not meant to be.. =(
Oh Johann Ambrosius Bach and Maria Elisabetha Lämmerhirt!
Why, oh why did you give birth to Johann Sebastian Bach?!
Did you not know he will be the cause of many peoples' pain,
And suffering, and...death, maybe?
Is not seven(living) children enough?
Did you really need the eigth??
Oh why, oh why!
Such pain, such sorrow, in the choice you made!
And letting them learn music, another mistake!
Oh! Oh!
10 April 2009 at 22:28
How I lament too with you, Bach oh Bach how you will be forgiven only if you didn't write 6 page Fugues.