After many months, I decided that I should start making a conscious effort to practice my violin more often. You kno
w. But I cann't........ =(
And no, it's not because i'm lazy. No "My mind is willing, but my flesh is weak" nonsense. This time.. the problem is I can't tune my violin!!!
It's SOOoooo out of tune now because my teacher just changed a new string for me last week. And when you just change your string, it'll get out of tune really easily. So yeah, no point practicing right if the purpose is to get your intonation right but in the first place, your violin is out of tune so there's no way you're gonna get your tones right unless you mess up your hand positions and everything.
Sooo, I try tuning the violin but do you KNOW how scary it is to turn the pegs?!?! And last week, when I tried tuning it, the string snapped! (that's why my teacher had to change one of the strings. And that's why it's now always out of tune. Aih, see lar how much trouble I cause just trying to tune my violin. =( ) Oh and when I turn the pegs up to tighten the string, it always slides back down! So after a while, you know lar, you get a little frustrated and you start turning more and that's when your string snaps. Sigh. It's so hopeless.
And because my violin is so uncooperative, I have to face the guilt for not practicing.
Double Sighhh... =(
w. But I cann't........ =(And no, it's not because i'm lazy. No "My mind is willing, but my flesh is weak" nonsense. This time.. the problem is I can't tune my violin!!!
It's SOOoooo out of tune now because my teacher just changed a new string for me last week. And when you just change your string, it'll get out of tune really easily. So yeah, no point practicing right if the purpose is to get your intonation right but in the first place, your violin is out of tune so there's no way you're gonna get your tones right unless you mess up your hand positions and everything.
Sooo, I try tuning the violin but do you KNOW how scary it is to turn the pegs?!?! And last week, when I tried tuning it, the string snapped! (that's why my teacher had to change one of the strings. And that's why it's now always out of tune. Aih, see lar how much trouble I cause just trying to tune my violin. =( ) Oh and when I turn the pegs up to tighten the string, it always slides back down! So after a while, you know lar, you get a little frustrated and you start turning more and that's when your string snaps. Sigh. It's so hopeless.
And because my violin is so uncooperative, I have to face the guilt for not practicing.
Double Sighhh... =(
Post a Comment